Frequently Asked Questions About Beachfront Homes for Rent
We understand that renting a beachfront villa for your vacation is a major decision and that you likely have questions. We'll try to answer some of the most common questions we get.
For starters, all of the Caribbean vacation rentals and European beachfront villas in WIMCO’s portfolio come with our signature concierge service. This includes all travel planning, such as assistance with selecting the right vacation villa, setting up all of your flights, airport arrivals service, meet and greet service at the villa, grocery pre-stocking program, and a concierge available 24/7 who can reserve a private chef for you, make reservations in local restaurants, find a babysitter for that special night, reserve a sunset cruise, and troubleshoot should an issue arise, and so much more.
People often ask us whether we are somehow motivated to promote certain villas over others. We don’t own the villas ourselves, so we have no vested interest in directing you into one versus another. What’s most important to us is finding the one that’s the best fit for you.
1. Which islands have the best private beachfront villas in the Caribbean?
Most of the Caribbean islands have at least one signature beach that they are known for. Some islands are literally defined by one world class beach. We like to recommend the following islands for those seeking the ultimate beach vacation rentals in the Caribbean. Some islands are active; others are quieter, but all have world-class stretches of white sand.
- St Barths -- With more than a dozen unique beaches, some with beach bars and small hotels, some protected as natural preserves, there’s something for every taste on the French island of St Barths (aka St Barts). Several beaches have beachfront villas on them.
- Turks and Caicos - Just a short, direct flight away from Florida, Turks and Caicos offers long wide beaches, turquoise waters and some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean. One of the most famous beaches on TCI is Grace Bay. On this page, you will find several beach houses and villas there.
- Anguilla - Famous as a food lover's destination, Anguilla is also home to several exceptional beaches, most of which have a selection of private beachfront villas on them
- Grand Cayman - Known for its Seven Mile Beach, turtles and excellent diving and snorkeling, Grand Cayman offers a variety of villas right on the beach.
- US Virgin Islands - The islands of St John and St Thomas offer American culture with a Caribbean flair. You don't even need a passport to visit, and the beaches are exceptional, as are the vacation rentals on them.
- St Martin - Half French, Half Dutch, the island of St. Martin/Sint Maarten offers French flair, shopping and a sophisticated restaurant scene with beautiful, uncrowded beaches and beach villa rentals.
- Barbados – This very British island offers beautiful beaches and rugged, craggy coastline. You find lively beach bars on some stretches, and only peaceful isolation on others. The beachfront homes here are some of the Caribbean’s finest examples of colonial influenced architecture.
- Jamaica - From the relaxed beaches of Negril to tony Ocho Rios, Jamaica offers a beach destination for every taste and lifestyle. Most villa rentals are in private gated compounds with access to private beaches.
- Mustique - Follow in the footsteps of celebrities like David Bowie, Mick Jagger and Tommy Hilfiger on this tiny, secluded and exclusive island. Many villas and house rentals have short paths down to nearly private beaches.
- Tulum – this funky strip of inns, beach houses and beach bars south of Playa del Carmen has miles of beaches. The beachfront villas range from boho chic to stylish and modern.
2. What makes a Caribbean villa vacation unique?
Perhaps you've always stayed in luxury Caribbean resorts. If so, you might wonder what makes a Caribbean villa vacation unique and why you would think about renting a Caribbean villa.
Simply put, a villa vacation allows you to create the vacation for you and your group. If you want privacy, a villa can offer that for you. If you'd like to stay in a property where your family can all be together under one roof, without having to share space with a lot of others, a villa rental can offer that also.
In addition, each beachfront villa comes with a fully equipped modern kitchen to prepare some of your meals and avoid disrupting your day by having to walk down to a resort’s restaurant, or get in the car to drive to one. If you have kids, you can feed them without having to take the entire group out to lunch.
In a villa, there are large shared spaces where you can all come together, and plenty of space so each person in your group can also have their own space to relax in. If someone wants to nap while others want to play cards or listen to music, there's plenty of room for all of you to do that without bothering each other. Many high-end beach houses also have expansive grounds around the rental home, which include terrace areas around the swimming pool, a tennis court, hammocks and gardens.
3. Where to find the most upscale beach houses?
If you're wondering which islands have the best Caribbean beachfront villas for rent, you might consider vacationing in St Barths, Turks and Caicos, Anguilla and Grand Cayman for the variety and selection of beachfront villas, and for the easy access to lovely beaches. In particular, look for beachfront rental homes in these areas:
4. How to choose the right Caribbean beachfront home for rent?
Choosing the Caribbean beachfront villa that's best for you and your family depends on a number of factors, including the size of your group, whether you want to be active or want to be secluded, your budget and your personal taste.
We offer villas that will accommodate all kinds of different groups, from a large family reunion to a honeymoon. Most of our Caribbean vacation homes have private pools. Some have a staff included in the price; for others, we can make those arrangements.
Some beachfront vacation rentals are right at the water's edge; others require a short walk down a path. Kitchen facilities also vary, with some having large gourmet kitchens and others more modest arrangements.
Let WIMCO’s friendly and skilled vacation specialists know what's important to you and they can help you select the Caribbean beachfront home that will best suit you and your family's needs.
5. Which Caribbean Islands have the best beach houses for working remotely?
Most Caribbean islands now have good WiFi and you will find a strong internet signal in most beach houses, making them an ideal spot to work remotely for a week, for a month or even longer.
The Caribbean islands that combine the best telecom infrastructure, and the best beachfront villas for working remotely include St Barths, Turks & Caicos, Anguilla and Grand Cayman.
What makes WIMCO Villas unique as a high-end vacation rental agency?
Finding the perfect vacation rental can be challenging if you don't have the right partner. After all, you haven't seen any of the properties listed and it's sometimes difficult to tell from pictures which villa will suit you best.
That's one of the things that sets WIMCO apart. Our team has reviewed and approved each villa in our portfolio, and we can answer any question you have about them. We don’t own the villas ourselves, so we have no vested interest in directing you into one versus another. What’s most important to us is finding the one that’s the best fit for you.
WIMCO’s villa specialists work with you from day one to make sure that you not only have the vacation home that works best for your needs and your family, but that every detail of your vacation is handled seamlessly. Do you want a waterfront table at a popular restaurant? We can make that happen. Do you want a private chef and a refrigerator stocked with all of your favorite foods and beverages? Consider it done. Are you interested in a jet ski trip around the island? We’ll book it for you!
How can we help you create the vacation of your dreams? You don’t have to wait to get to your villa to enjoy world-class service. Leave all the planning details to WIMCO Villas and its complimentary concierge services team.
WIMCO Villas’ dedicated and friendly travel team will assist with all bookings and travel arrangements, and our concierge service will respond to all your needs during your stay.
We genuinely enjoy taking the stress out of our clients' vacation plans. Leave everything to us – give us a call (401-849-8012) or contact us today to start planning your Caribbean or European beach vacation!